Thursday, April 5, 2007

Blast from the past


This was really a shocker.... i was just watching her movie "Thaayum Onu" last nite and i was reading about her tonight... i only know that she married a mumbaiker who happened to be a doc.. looks like he wasnt..hmmm... hopefully u know who is Shantipriya by looking at e pix..
Read on you will be shocked too....


Remember Shanthipriya, who starred opposite Akshay Kumar in his debut movie, Saugandh?

The actress will shortly make her comeback in a thriller directed by Raj Sippy, called Murderer.

The actress, who has lost touch with her first co-star over the years, says, “I adore Akshay since he was my first co-star and also a wonderful human being.

A year ago, I saw him at the airport being mobbed by fans. It was a pleasant shock when he came up to me and said, ‘Naaraaz ho kya? Hello bhi nahin kiya.

’ If he learns that I have shot for Murderer with the same director who paired us together, he will be delighted, I am sure,” she says.

Shantipriya, who has also acted opposite Mithun Chakraborty, is now acting with his son Mimoh. She says, “It’s a full circle of sorts for me, since I’m resuming work with the same director.

Initially, I was skeptical about the role but thankfully it’s not a mother role, which I would have declined. It’s a supporting role of a crime branch detective and I am cast opposite Ashutosh Rana,” she says.

Shanthipriya was married to Siddharth Ray (Vansh, Baazigar) who passed away following a massive cardiac arrest.

The actress recalls, “We fell in love while working together. His untimely death came as a shocking blow as he was very fitness-conscious.

My sons Shubham (12) and Shishya (7) pushed me to act again. It’s because of them that I have decided to face the camera again.”

Source: mid-day

1 comment:

sakunthala25 said...

i'm really shocked when i read the new of nisanthi(shanthpriya) i'm seeing her after loooong time, me too i just saw a old movie which she starred a few days ago & i was talking to my sis about her,my wat a coincidence ... thanks for the info..