Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not again...:(

My sis always complains that im just too Clumsy and something just happend to prove her RIGHT!!! I literally poured hot wax onto my pants while trying to relight the small candle?!!! How clumsy is that?Let me just tell ya that it was HOT!!!!!:( I had to scrap off everything immediately. I tried washing it off in warm water.Luckily i have a hair dryer at my workplace.
It doesnt look so bad but a white patch on a brown pants is quite visible...sob... This is THE 2nd time i have poured wax onto my clothes...

Well if ur clumsy or unlucky as me.. the following trick might help you:

STEP 1: Scrape away as much wax as you can with a dull knife.

STEP 2: Place a sheet of butcher paper, glossy side up, or a portion of a brown paper bag on top of the wax.

STEP 3: Press the tip of a warm iron gently over the affected area until the wax melts and attaches to the paper.

STEP 4: Lift the paper from the fabric as it cools.

STEP 5: Dab a small amount of denatured alcohol onto the stain if any candle dye remains on the fabric.

STEP 6: Sponge with water.

STEP 7: Wash the fabric as usual.

OR
Follow the same procedure (using iron), but use paper towels. They seem to draw the wax away from the fabric more readily.


http://www.ehow.com/how_2588_remove-wax-fabric.html

No comments: