Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jodha Akbar - My Say


After much delay i finally went to see the magnum opus Jodha Akbar...So much have been said about it...Here is my Say


Those of u who are still not aware, Jodha Akbar is a love story in the year 1555AD. Akbar was a Great Mogul ruler in India.


Hrithik (Akbar)


If you drooled at him in D2 then you will be juz dumstruck by his demeanour, charm, physique and outstanding performance. He just lived e role of Mohammed Jalaluddin Akbar.He is the best choice and I think Hrithik was born for it!


Ash (Jodha)


I dun even know if the real Jodha was this ravishing?! It is her BEST performance till date. Guess she is a director's gal and Ashutosh was able to acheive it.


My Fave Scenes


1. Hrithik taming a wild elephant-> nail-biting scene


2. Ash admiring Hrithik's sword fighting and Hrithik's feigning ignorance.. sigh...


3. Every scenes between Hrithik & Ash!!! Especially the scene where Ash had to taste the food; the sword fight between them; the scenes where Hrithik pines for her.. awwwwwww.......wish they had kissed!:(


4. A surprisingly good performance by Sonu sood!! I was sooo sad for him... sob..


Cinematography


Simply breathtaking!!!Exquiste locations.Everything was simply grandoise and rich in clour.


Costume & Jewllery


Speechless!!! Did people really wear that much of jewellery then?!!Read that they are selling similar designs in Tanishq jewellers now!! The costumes & jewelleries were soo intricately designed!!I dint really had that much of time to notice everyone's costumes. I guess i'll do that when i get the DVD!!


Music


Best to get the CD after you watch the movie. Hey i just bought mine today??Great packaging.. they even have a lyrics booklet:) ARR rOx!!!!Spell-binding BMG


Ashutosh Gowariker


Hats off to him for having the guts for taking up such a project. I simply luuurrved it!! Great casting choice.Thank you Ashutosh !!I believe this team will be sweeping the awards next year.


Flaws


NONE!
It is a 3hrs 20mins movie tho but you won't realise it.. trust me on it!


I was really irritated by a bunch of people of kept laughing throught the movie.. I mean this is NOT a comedy movie.. They were actually laughing at the language spoken!!! Correct me if i am wrong ,I believe Hrithik spoke in Urdu and Ash pure hindi. How can u laugh at your own language!!?grrrrr..It really deterred us from enjoying the scenes!!


The Jade cinema sucks tho..so constricted... my back n neck hurt after the movie...urgh..


Anyways 2 of my pals couldn't make it.. its a pity that they missed such a great masterpiece!!
Its a movie to be seen in the Theatre!!


*****Die Die must see!!!hahah..!


No comments: